Thank you for your interest in joining the Health Brigade team. Health Brigade offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as the opportunity to effect positive change in our community every day.
To be considered for any advertised position, applicants must submit at minimum a résumé and cover letter. If additional items are required, they will be specified in the job posting. Be sure to indicate in your cover letter the specific position for which you are applying.
HEALTH BRIGADE IS PROUD TO BE AN INCLUSIVE ORGANIZATION
Health Brigade does not discriminate in hiring practices, services or policy with regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Transgender Health Services Case Manager & Outreach Advocate
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
|The THS Case Manager & Outreach Advocate will work in collaboration with the Trans Health Services Program Manager to ensure that transgender and gender-nonconforming (TGNC) patients at Health Brigade receive accessible and affirming care within and outside of the agency. The individual in this role will serve as a patient advocate by aiding clients in navigating services and resources, as well as reporting and coordinating necessary follow-up care. The person in this role additionally represents Health Brigade Trans Health Services at community events and offers workshops internally and to external community partners. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, work will be performed remotely until further notice.|
|· Must have demonstrated experience serving LGBTQ+ individuals
· Interest in and dedication to addressing health issues affecting TGNC individuals
· Is able to work both independently and collaborate with others
· Prefer an individual with lived experience reflecting our patient population
· Prefer an individual who is currently pursuing/holds a degree in social work, counseling, gender studies or other related areas of study
· Must have reliable transportation
Case Management Responsibilities
|· Manages registration and annual re-certification of all T/GNC clients at Health Brigade
· Assists in carrying out treatment plans by facilitating case management services including but not limited to:
Outreach & Education Responsibilities
The full position description may be found here, along with the application. Please submit the downloaded application and your resume as an email attachment to Polly Foster, HR & Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No cover letter is required. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until we determine we have a sufficient applicant pool. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application materials as soon as possible.
Donor Relations Officer-ON HOLD
As we continue to respond to the impact of the coronavirus, we are placing this position on hold. If you have already applied, your application is on file and will be considered when the process reopens. Thank you for your patience.
Health Brigade is seeking a part time (20-25hrs/wk) Donor Relations Officer (DRO) to join the Development Team of a growing dynamic progressive health care organization serving greater metro Richmond and the surrounding areas. The ideal candidate will embrace our mission and values, passion for cultivating and stewarding leadership and mid-level supporters and working collaboratively with Health Brigade’s Board of Directors and staff. Minimum requirements include college degree, five years of experience, knowledge of donor cultivation best practices, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a successful fundraising record. Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please. Application deadline: ON HOLD
Key Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- College degree and 5 years minimum of donor relations experience, including successful record of fundraising with individuals for a community based nonprofit.
- Passion for the mission and values of Health Brigade and ability to work collaboratively with staff and board.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office particularly with Excel and relational databases
- Ability to build and maintain warm authentic relationships with donors—attending to their interests and opportunities for giving.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability/willingness to represent the agency at public events and in media.
- Effective organizational skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Highly motivated to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands and deadlines.
- Good professional judgement and ability to manage confidentiality and privacy relative to donors and the overall agency.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as needed
- Valid Virginia driver’s license.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from home and on site as needed to meet job responsibilities
- Position may expand to full time pending scope of work and resources raised.
|Collaboration and Teamwork
· Collaborates with agency leadership, development team, board and committees to align all development activities for the year into an Annual Development Plan including timeline and tracking.
· Work closely with the board, leadership, staff, and volunteers to identify current and potential donors for cultivation.
· Work with staff to identify project and service information for creating donor opportunities (front end) and reporting back to donors on how their giving made a difference.
· Provide written reports and updates of donor relations activities to leadership and board on a regular basis.
· Research and review data on current and potential donors to match interests with opportunities for involvement and investment in Health Brigade services and advocacy.
· Create individual goals for each donor on the caseload.
· Create a communication plan and contact schedule for each donor that is focused on connecting the donor’s interests and passions. Implement that plan and modify it as circumstances change.
· Provide tangible ways for board and leadership to assist with donor relations ensuring preparation and timely follow up on all efforts.
· Timely document stewarding plan and communication activities in each donor’s electronic record in the donor database.
· Represent Health Brigade at community events and functions, as needed, to cultivate and steward donors
· Ensures supervisor and colleagues are prepared and available to provide back up when DRO is out of the office
· Attends agency, department and community meetings as required for this position.
· Meets regularly with supervisor.
· Sets bi-annual performance goals with supervisor.
· Stays current on best practices for donor relations and fundraising.
· Adheres to the policies and procedures of HB as outlined in the personnel manual.
· Completes all other duties as assigned.