Thank you for your interest in joining the Health Brigade team. Health Brigade offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as the opportunity to effect positive change in our community every day.
To be considered for any advertised position, applicants must submit at minimum a résumé and cover letter. If additional items are required, they will be specified in the job posting. Be sure to indicate in your cover letter the specific position for which you are applying.
HEALTH BRIGADE IS PROUD TO BE AN INCLUSIVE ORGANIZATION
Health Brigade does not discriminate in hiring practices, services or policy with regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Afternoon/Evening part-time receptionist
Health Brigade is seeking a highly personable and reliable individual for a part-time receptionist position. This position is the first point of contact for the clients of the Mental Health & Wellness Department. Looking for receptionist for afternoon/evening hours (4pm-8pm Monday – Thursday). Salary: $12/hour
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Dependable and punctual with a can-do attitude
- Courteous, empathetic and understanding of the diverse populations that we serve
- Ability to interact with staff, volunteers, and clients in a gracious and receptive manner
- Eagerness to represent Health Brigade with professionalism by way of communication and appearance
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and clients verbally and in writing
- Basic office skills including telephone, fax, email, and Microsoft Office Products
- Capable of handling stressful situations in a professional manner
- Conversational Spanish speaker preferred
- Prefer at least 2 years of experience in relevant clerical work involving contact with the public
- High School or equivalent
- Some college preferred
Health Brigade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, email a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No calls please.
Transgender Health Services Coordinator
Health Brigade, formerly Fan Free Clinic, is seeking a full time Trans Health Services Coordinator (THSC) to work in an integrated health care setting. The THSC is responsible for biopsychosocial assessments, care planning and ongoing health related case management for transgender patients seeking hormone treatment and other services at Health Brigade. The THSC will be expected to work as part of an interdisciplinary team and effectively supervise interns and volunteers. The THSC is also responsible for internal and external LGBTQ+ sensitivity/competency trainings, and advocating for transgender clients. The ideal candidate is a master level social worker or an equivalent human services background and competent in current issues affecting the transgender community. An understanding of informed consent, best practices, medical transition, and HIPAA guidelines are required. The THSC participates in community health outreach and represents the agency at various events.
Education and experience:
Masters of Social Work or equivalent human services background. Experience working with LGBTQ+ population.
Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with Trans Health best practices (WPATH, UCSF, Fenway)
- Ability to conduct assessments
- Case management skills
- Ability to facilitate psychoeducational and therapeutic groups
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to organize work, coordinate projects, set priorities, adhere to deadlines and follow-up on assignments with minimal direction
- Must have reliable personal transportation
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with nights and weekends as needed
Candidates must demonstrate oral and written communication skills. Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products are required.
Employees must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of staff within the organization. HB expects individuals to have a strong work ethic and commitment to our mission and values. Successful candidate must possess skills that support and enable sound decision making, strong personal and professional boundaries, good judgement and discretion.
Compensation is commensurate with background and experience.
Health Brigade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, email a cover letter, a resume, and three professional references by August 31 at 5pm to email@example.com No calls please.