FOR HEALTH BRIGADE PATIENTS
For Medical Patients
We currently have appointments available for patients who need to be seen in person, and we are doing some on-site laboratory testing and vaccinations. Your provider or case manager will talk to you about your needs and help to determine if there is a need for an in person visit.
We are making our facility as safe as possible for patients who need to come to clinic. All patients will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entering the building. All patients and clients who enter the building MUST WEAR A FACE MASK. We will provide one for you if you do not have your own.
We will continue to see many of our patients and clients over phone or video.
Please ask your provider if you have any questions. We hope you and your family are safe during this time.
- We are ordering and distributing medications at our facility by appointment only during the hours of 9 am until 2 pm Monday through Wednesday. To schedule medication pickup, please call us at 804-716-5811. You must have a photo ID for all medication pickup.
- We can address your needs and concerns with telephone and teleconference visits. We are here for you. You can call our main number at 804-358-6343.
For Mental Health Patients
Mental Health and Behavioral Health appointments will continue to occur via Telemental Health (phone or video). This will allow us to be prudent with the use of limited PPE (gloves, masks, gowns, and shields) and allow staff and volunteers who must offer services in person (labs, HIV testing, etc.) the ability to spread out and use more of the physical space. However, your provider (counselor, psychiatrist, or case manager) is available to talk to you about your needs and help to determine if there is a need for an in-person visit. Please ask your provider if you have any questions.
- We are ordering and distributing medications at our facility by appointment only during the hours of 9 am until 2 pm Monday through Wednesday. To schedule medication pick up, please call us at 804-716-5811. You must have a photo ID for all medication pick-ups.
- For all other questions and concerns regarding your mental health care, please call us at 804-358-6343 Ext. 1116.
Here is a helpful guide focusing on mental health challenges during COVID-19.
HIV/STI Testing We are currently providing in person services for HIV/STI testing BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 804-358-6343, Ext 2145 to schedule an appointment.
For Needle Exchange Clients
Health Brigade Needle Exchange Program Hours.
We will be asking each of you to practice social distancing of 6 feet from staff and one another.
Questions or follow-up needed? Please feel free to leave a voicemail with program staff. They will be returning all calls and offering as much support as possible by phone. Colin (804-358-6140) Dziko (804-358-6140) Arthur (804-508-0932)
For All Visitors
If you need to enter the building, YOU MUST WEAR A MASK. You will also be screened for COVID-19.
If you are making a delivery, please ring the bell on the outside of the door for assistance.
What you can do to help
Health Brigade serves the most vulnerable and medically underserved populations in our community. We do not receive federal funding to support the care we offer. We rely on the community to support our work. The most helpful thing you can do to help us during this time is to DONATE.
If you have questions, please reach out to us at [email protected]
USE HEALTH CARE RESOURCES RESPONSIBLY
- If you think you may have symptoms related to COVID-19, please isolate yourself from others. Do not go to work or out in public. Call your provider for further instructions.
- Please wash your hands. Do not touch your face.
- PLEASE WEAR A FACE MASK OR COVERING IN PUBLIC. This protects other people from COVID in case you have the virus but are not showing symptoms.
- When in public maintain 6 feet distance from others if possible.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Listen to public health directives.