CHR/ Needle Exchange Associate
Health Brigade (HB) is seeking a full- time (40 hr./week) Comprehensive Harm Reduction (CHR)/Needle Exchange Associate.
The CHR/Needle Exchange Associate will assist with our Needle Exchange program providing outreach education, referrals, and naloxone to the community. They will also act as an advocate for participants for services, resources and support as needed. The CHR Associate will attend meetings and trainings with the CHR team, supervisors and Health Brigade staff as well as help advise and organize the programs growth and development including program policy and procedure.
Working conditions are varied including interior and exterior environments. The position requires moderate physical activity with exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions.
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of harm reduction principles and substance use issues, either through lived experience or past work experience, preferred.
· Comfortable working without judgment with persons that actively use drugs and understand how drugs and drug policy have affected the community.
· Valid driver’s license is required.
· Communication skills to facilitate a dialog between the CHR program and its participants. Can communicate with participants to organize a Drug Using Advisory Board and act as a bridge to the active using community.
· Be willing to receive training to become trauma informed and interact with a diverse team.
· Be willing to receive training to dispense and train others on how to use naloxone.
· Comfortable working without judgment with persons that actively use drugs and have an understanding of how drugs and drug policy have affected the community.
· Has an understanding of social justice and is able to serve participants regardless of race, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, or disability.
· Should be confident navigating service in different community settings including direct street outreach.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Health Brigade expects individuals to have a commitment to our mission and values. Candidates must be able to work in a team environment with staff and volunteers from Health Outreach and other departments, as well as work independently. Some evening and weekend work required. Successful candidate must possess skills that support and enable sound decision making, strong personal and professional boundaries, good judgment, and discretion.
Candidate must have a Virginia driver’s license and verification of COVID and influenza vaccinations.
People with lived or ongoing experience with drug use, incarceration, homelessness, and/or sex work; people of color, women, and members of the LGBTQIA+ communities; and people living with HIV/AIDS and/or Hepatitis C are strongly encouraged to apply. Health Brigade sees the experiences associated with these identities as assets in this role and within our organization.
Compensation is $16.50/hr. Generous PTO and holiday schedule, flexible work environment. Health Brigade is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references to: [email protected]
Any resume sent without the accompanying cover letter or references will not be considered.
No phone calls please. Application deadline: June 30, 2023
Community Health Navigator
Health Brigade (HB) is seeking a full-time Community Health Navigator to conduct HIV/STI testing and linkage to care for clients living with HIV. Candidates must be willing to be trained or already be trained as an HIV test counselor and to conduct full blood draws. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and be comfortable working with diverse populations, including but not limited to: communities of color, LGBTQ communities, and low income communities.
High School Diploma, or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in health science, health education, or related field; or 2 years of experience working in HIV Prevention is preferred. HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred. Candidates must demonstrate oral and written communication skills. Computer skills are required and proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred.
Employees must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of staff within the organization. HB expects individuals to have a strong work ethic and commitment to our mission and values. Candidates must be able to work in a team environment, as well as work independently. Some evening and weekend work required. Successful candidate must possess skills that support and enable sound decision making, strong personal and professional boundaries, good judgement, and discretion. Fluency in Spanish a plus!
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of HIV/AIDS
· Knowledge of populations disproportionately affected by HIV
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Demonstrate strong organizational skills
· Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of community resources
· Experience with event planning
· Ability to effectively use social media
· Ability to organize work, coordinate projects, set priorities, adhere to deadlines and follow-up on assignments with minimal direction
· Must have reliable personal transportation
Compensation starts at $18/hour plus benefits, generous PTO and holiday schedule, flexible work environment.
Health Brigade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1. Email resume and a list of three professional references to: Polly Foster [email protected]
2. Complete the application here: https://form.jotform.com/231226217315042
Any resume sent without 3 references and the completion of an application will not be considered.
No phone calls please. Application deadline: May 26, 2023, 5pm
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – PMHNP
Health Brigade (HB) is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours) Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to complete psychiatric assessments and provide medication management to clients. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will evaluate, diagnose, and treat clients with mental health concerns. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and be comfortable working with diverse populations, including but not limited to communities of color, LGBTQ communities, and low-income communities.
- Graduate of an accredited graduate nurse practitioner program and certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Current active Virginia Board of Nursing license to practice independently as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Current DEA prescriptive authority
- Experience working with other professionals (across disciplines) to ensure best practice and address clinical concerns.
- Skilled in the use of technology, software, and an electronic medical record.
- 1 or more years of experience working with diverse and underrepresented populations.
- Interest & experience in trauma informed care.
- Interest & experience in substance use disorders.
Candidate will be expected to keep accurate and timely records (e.g., appointments, progress notes, referrals) using HB’s electronic medical record and to follow HIPAA guidelines regarding confidentiality. Computer skills are required and proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred. Health Brigade also requires up-to-date vaccinations for influenza and COVID.
Candidate must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of staff within the organization as well as independently. HB expects candidate to have a strong work ethic, commitment to our mission and values, demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity related to anti-racism, social justice, multicultural issues, and ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and groups. The successful candidate must possess skills that support and enable sound decision making, strong personal and professional boundaries, good judgement, and confidentiality.
Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of multiple teams
- Knowledge of adult mental health issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Hybrid model (in-person and Telehealth)
Compensation starts at $50 per hour. This position includes generous PTO and holiday schedule and an extremely flexible work environment (remote and in-person). Health Brigade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Flexible work environment (hybrid model)
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Life and Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Email resume and a list of three professional references to: [email protected]
- Complete the application here: https://form.jotform.com/223536031622143
Any resume sent without the accompanying application or references will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
Health Brigade is an Equal Opportunity Employer.