Mental Health Counselor
Health Brigade (HB) is seeking a full-time Mental Health Counselor to provide individual and group psychotherapy to clients living with HIV. The ideal candidate is well-versed in motivational interviewing and harm reduction models. The ideal candidate is also knowledgeable in matters relating to HIV or is willing to be trained and become well-versed. Topics include modes of transmission, history of HIV and stigma. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and be comfortable working with diverse populations, including but not limited to communities of color, LGBTQ communities, and low-income communities.
· Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or closely related field required.
· Licensed (or license-eligible) as a mental health professional in the State of Virginia – If not yet licensed in Virginia, obtain license within 2 years of date of hire.
· At least 1 year experience providing mental health counseling services to diverse populations.
· Demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity related to anti-racism, social justice, multicultural issues, and ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
· Preferred experiences include any of the following:
· 1 or more years of experience working with diverse and underrepresented populations.
· Interest & experience in biopsychosocial assessments.
· Interest & experience in supporting individuals living with HIV.
· Interest & experience in harm reduction and motivational interviewing.
· Interest & experience in trauma informed care.
· Interest & experience in supporting individuals recently released from incarceration.
Candidate will be expected to keep accurate and timely records of appointments (e.g., intake notes, progress notes, termination summaries) using HB’s Electronic Medical Record; maintain confidentiality of records; and follow all grant requirement pursuant to assessment and data collection. Computer skills are required and proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred.
Employees must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of staff within the organization. HB expects individuals to have a strong work ethic and commitment to our mission and values. Candidates must be able to work in a team environment, as well as work independently. The candidate must also be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings. The successful candidate must possess skills that support and enable sound decision making, strong personal and professional boundaries, good judgement, and discretion. Fluency in Spanish a plus!
Knowledge and Skills
· Outstanding interpersonal skills
· Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of multiple teams
· Knowledge of adult mental health issues
· Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and populations disproportionately affected by HIV
· Demonstrate strong organizational skills
· Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of community resources
Compensation range is $40,000 – $55,000 plus benefits, generous PTO and holiday schedule, flexible work environment
1. Email resume and a list of three professional references to: [email protected]
2. Complete the application here.
Any resume sent without the accompanying application or references will not be considered.
No phone calls please. Application deadline: August 19th at 5pm
Health Brigade is currently seeking a full-time or part-time Vaccine Coordinator. The Vaccine Coordinator will oversee all aspects of vaccine administration with the goal of expanding vaccine education and access to the diverse population served by our on-site and outreach community programs.
We are looking for a Vaccine Coordinator to help us expand vaccine education and access within our Comprehensive Harm Reduction (CHR)/Needle Exchange program. In conjunction with the Medical Director, the Clinic Manager and the members of the Health Outreach team, the Vaccine Coordinator will develop and implement a program to expand education, access, and uptake to all vaccines that Health Brigade (HB) has access to. The Vaccine Coordinator will oversee all operations of vaccine management and will participate in program development, and will ensure that licensed, trained volunteers are available in the field to provide vaccine services. This role works closely with our program staff, volunteers, and partner organizations. The Vaccine Coordinator is responsible for education, vaccine administration, and record keeping including quality data management.
- Minimal training as RN with nursing license in the State of Virginia
- Bilingual preferred
- Current BLS
- Experience with vaccine administration and patient education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong clinical management skills (staff and volunteer training, supervision, and scheduling)
- Advanced computer skills including but not limited to use of Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic medical records
- Strong leadership skills
- Sound decision-making and professional judgement
- Ordering, administering, and inventory control of vaccines including tracking usage, wastage and administration, and updating the Virginia Immunization Information System (VIIS) and the electronic health record to accurately reflect vaccine usage.
- Develops and maintains updated administrative policies and materials necessary for vaccine administration such as vaccine standing orders, pre-vaccination checklists, consent forms and vaccine information statements.
- Leads program development of a vaccine education and implementation strategy that is tailored to the various patients and clients who seek our services in the medical clinic and out in the community, including but not limited to:
- RWB (case management program for persons living with AIDS)
- HIV prevention programs
- CHR program/needle exchange
- Community partners (Latinx outreach programs, VA League for Safer Streets, etc.)
- Participates in community outreach activities to provide vaccine education and administration.
- Develops and implements a plan to ensure that Medical Clinic patients are advised of the vaccines for which they are eligible and routinely notified when they are due for immunization.
- Educates staff, volunteers and the community on the importance of vaccines, including development of educational materials.
- Supervises the training and work of staff and volunteer vaccine educators/vaccinators and maintains training records.
- Quality data management to ensure rigorous internal controls and patient safety, and to monitor improvements in vaccine uptake throughout the organization.
- Works closely with partner organizations on cooperative efforts for community acceptance and participation in the vaccine program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full benefit package with paid vacation and holidays
Email to: Polly Foster [email protected].
Any resume sent without the accompanying cover letter, resume, references and application will not be considered.
No phone calls please. Application deadline: August 19th at 5pm
Health Brigade is an Equal Opportunity Employer.