Health Brigade aims to meet each patient’s overall health care needs in a safe and welcoming environment. We understand that transgender, gender queer, gender variant, non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals face unique barriers in accessing appropriate and affirmative health care. We are pleased to offer medical and mental health services that we see as critical resources for our patients.
In order to honor gender identity and provide quality care, new clients will complete our registration materials and provide demographic information such as your legal name, name you use, and appropriate pronouns.
To best serve our patients, Health Brigade provides the following specific types of medical and behavioral health care and support services:
Trans Health Care Services
Primary Medical Care
- Breast & chest health
- Coordination of care
- HIV & STD testing and counseling
- Hormone treatment & monitoring
- Medication assistance program
- Pelvic wellness & Pap smears
- Supportive services
Mental Health Services
- Individual Counseling
- Ryan White Part B mental health and substance abuse counseling
- Support Groups
- Surgery Support Letters
- Psychiatric Referrals
- Voice Therapy
- Legal Services (Name and Gender Marker changes) Richmond TLC (Trans Legal Collaborative) Name & Gender Marker Change Clinic
Hormone Administration & Monitoring
To ensure a smooth transition, Health Brigade has the following process for patients who identify themselves as transgender who seek hormones:
- All new patients of Health Brigade must complete a registration appointment first. You can schedule a registration appointment by dialing 804-358-6343 x 127. After a registration appointment has been completed, please contact Cristina by emailing email@example.com to set up an intake appointment. To ensure that you are eligible to be seen at Health Brigade click here. If you have questions about eligibility, please reach out to Cristina Kincaid. Please be sure to check out the proof of income documentation that you will need to bring to your registration appointment.
- Once you have completed the registration appointment you will need to complete an intake appointment with Cristina. Since hormones can affect patients physically and emotionally, we want to ensure patients understand all resources Health Brigade offers to support a healthy transition and to obtain information important to the patient’s medical provider. This appointment also allows us to gather informed consent to administer hormones.
****Please note that Health Brigade cannot accept patients that are insured. If you are looking for trans health care and are insured, please call The Virginia League for Planned Parenthood’s Trans Health Line at 804-482-6154 to inquire more about trans health services.
Below are links to other organizations and entities that offer transgender health and other services to help transgender, gender queer, gender variant and gender non-conforming individuals find information. The provided links are for information and represent the thoughts of the authors/websites and are not endorsed by or reflect the beliefs of Health Brigade. We advise that you always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health condition.
VIRGINIA TRANSGENDER RESOURCES
*Virginia Transgender Resource and Referral List
*Name & Gender Change Guide for VA Residents
*Transgender Health Alliance of Central Virginia
*PFLAG Blue Ridge
*LGBT Center of Hampton Roads
*Virginia Anti Violence Project
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSGENDER RESOURCES
*Center for Excellence for Transgender Health
*Hudson’s FTM Resource Guide
*Human Rights Compaign Transgender Information
*International Foundation for Gender Education
*National Center for Transgender Equality
*Transgender Law and Policy Institute
*The Transitional Male
*The World Professional Association for Transgender Health
*Transgender Law Center